Thursday, November 10, 2011

All I want for christmas..................


Christmas already?



Donna.....

........yes I know it´s only the first week of November and I am already talking about christmas. I can´t help it though, cause everywhere around me all I see are christmas related themes and adverts. The radio is talking about it, it is very much present on TV, the newspapers and magazines are no exception and to top it all the supermarkets and shops already have christmas items fully on display. With each passing year, I get the feeling the shops are quicker with displaying their christmas related items. A few years back it was rare to find christmas items on display before december but nowadays, it is like they cannot just wait for december.....the first items are already in october on display. Do we really need to start so soon with christmas preparations? Is the christmas season now more a financial thing than a religious festival? Do we really need all these items on displays to have a great christmas? Please don´t get me wrong though, I truely love the atmosphere around the christmas season, I also love to see all the beautiful shop decorations and all the christmas related shows but does it have to come so early?

For me personally, it kind of takes away from the magic of christmas. Growing up, I always associated christmas with december and so it is kind of difficult getting use to seeing christmas in the shops as early as in october. Well, well don´t really mind me here....I am just once again thinking out loud :-)))

I luv vibrant colours on a christmas tree

I guess in the end, each and everyone of us have to decide for themselves what is important and how we choose to celebrate. The bottom line is, I can only speak for myself. All I truely need and want for christmas is priceless.....good health, lots of love and happiness for my friends and my dearest family. The rest of the items don´t really count much and besides one can still do without them anyway.
What do you really want for christmas this year???? I think it´s time you get out that pen and paper and write that letter to Santa, before it´s too late:-))



 I spent the weekend of 5th November with Lucy and family. It is always a great pleasure and lots of fun too spending time with them. It felt good seeing baby Leon again.....babies grow so fast, so it is always fascinating to watch their development. As usual Lucy and I were out and about checking out the shopping mile to see what´s new in the shops. Well, this time around it was quite obvious though what we were going to find on display in most shops........yes! you did guessed right, Christmas items!!!. It was nevertheless fun though because we just love checking out the shops no matter what is on display :-)))

it´s off for the weekend.......

it was great seeing baby Leon again.......


us and the boys.....




Louis and baby Leon........

Lucy checking out the christmas decors......

hhhmmm that smells good........







checking out some winter coats.....yes I luv it vibrant and colourful even in winter :-)



At this point I wish you all a merry and most of all love-filled christmas and holiday season. Stay cool and be good so Santa will be on time this year....Ho! Ho! Ho! :-)

Click here for more photos


from Deutschland with luv,
Nakutana


No comments:

Post a Comment